03 October 2009

Alvaro Quotes: Estoril, Friday


"I'm pretty happy with everything, I just couldn't get a fast lap in during the last fifteen minutes because I kept getting held up by slower riders. It's annoying because we could have set a better lap time but at least we have an idea what our ideal setting is. We started out with the base from 2007, when the race took place at more or less the same time of year, and we don't want to make too many drastic changes to it because it works.
Apart from Barberá, the rest of us are pretty close and there is still a lot of time to get laps in and prepare for the race, so I feel calm - the track isn't even in perfect shape yet so there's no need to worry about our position at this stage. My objective is to have as much fun in the race as possible and cut back the gap to Aoyama."


No comments: