26 April 2009

Alvaro Bautista: Post-Race Quote, Moetgi, Japan


Here's Alvaro's post-race quotes...
"It was a rather difficult race for us, because we had nearly no practice time on Friday and Saturday. I started quite badly and had some riders on top of me on the opening corners, but soon I managed to get past and knew that I couldn't let Simoncelli escape. When I got up to third myself, Simoncelli and Aoyama were all together, and it was then that the wind picked up. Marco had a problem and that left myself and Aoyama, and I gave it my all to pass him. I am very satisfied with this result, and I think that it is an important victory that allows us to arrive at Jerez with our heads high. We have some good data for the race from preseason, and I hope to continue this way to give a win to the home fans."

An excellent race, despite another shaky "swallowed-up" start, but totally on the case and in control thereafter, relentlessly chasing everyone down and reaping some sweet benefit from Sideshow Bob's self-inflicted puncture and going on to take a splendid and utterly deserved win.
Triffick!


No comments: