06 September 2009

Alvaro - Post Race Quotes; San Marino


“Obviously I started the race thinking that I could be up there at the front. Simoncelli fell halfway through the race, but at the same time my rear wheel was giving me problems and starting to slide about a lot. When I saw Di Meglio and Aoyama ahead I decided not to settle for the place that I was in, so my goal was to overtake them if possible. I fought hard for it, and it was a tough battle because Aoyama was racing each corner as if it were the last lap. We showed that we wouldn’t back down, that we are strong and willing to take risks too, and that we wanted to win. We have cut three points off the leadership advantage, which is a small amount but helpful in morale for the team and myself. From now on the key is going to be winning and continuing to earn more points than Aoyama, at one hundred percent at all times. I think that this month off is going to be good for me to disconnect and return stronger and more refreshed in Portugal.”


No comments: