29 September 2009

Alvaro Looks Ahead To Estoril


"Estoril isn't one of my favourite circuits but I have won there for the last three years so you could say it is our talisman track. Hopefully luck is on our side again this year so that we can fight for the victory once more. I've done a bit of everything over the last three weeks, mainly training hard to make sure I'm fit and ready for this final sprint to the end of the season. I had a week off relaxing in Mallorca and it was nice to get a total break from racing.
It has been a positive thing to have a month off to focus on these last four races and get over all the fuss that came on the back of the announcement about my future. It has also been good to have a month of training and I think I'm in the right shape to finish the season at full power. Estoril is a circuit with a lot of hard braking, where you need good acceleration to get out of the corners well, and in some areas it will favour the Honda whilst in others - like the long straight - it will be better for the Aprilia. It will be difficult to win but that won't stop us from trying."



No comments: