22 October 2008

Goodbye & Farewell To Eurosport's MotoGP Coverage


Well, this is it...

Goodbye Eurosport.

It’s with very mixed feelings that I’ll be watching your coverage this weekend.
I’m sure I’ll enjoy it as I always do, because it’s quality stuff - extensive live coverage of all classes and bags of informed opinion in the commentary box and pit lane.
At the same time, I’ll be watching it knowing that it’s going to be the last time. And I know that what the BBC have actually discussed so far isn’t going to measure up. Simple as that. If they poach Toby, Julian and Randy as their TV team then they’ll have made at least one smart move, but I doubt that.
Certainly inconsequential answers about *live* coverage, and coverage of the lower classes looking to get stuck behind the red button all suggest pretty dire times ahead.

Thanks for all the pleasure you’ve given me and many other fans - particularly those with an interest in 125cc and 250cc. You’ll be very very sorely missed.

If there *is* a god (which, let's be honest, seems extremely bloody unlikely given the horror of all the current wars, recession, global warming and the release of “High School Musical 3”) then somebody somewhere somehow will have the common sense and decency to bring you back to our screens.

Till then; goodbye and good luck Eurosport.
Toodle-pip.
gb



No comments: