03 October 2008

Alvaro - Quote: QP1, Australian GP


Alvaro can be rightly happy with his performances today, following up a strong showing in the dry with a sheet-topping wet QP1 which puts him on provisional pole.
What weather tomorrow brings and whether todyay's times stick or count for nothing we don't know, but it's good to hear Bati talking about the overall confidence that today has delivered...

1st - Álvaro Bautista: 1.43.839 (25 laps):
"The most important thing aside from the pole this afternoon is the confidence I gained in the wet. I felt really comfortable, to the point that I stayed out on track for the entire session just gathering confidence and enjoying myself. We had a problem with my first bike halfway through this morning and I had to take the second bike out but I'm happy because the pace was good, even though we still have some set-up work to do in the dry. Hopefully we'll get that chance tomorrow, when I'd love to be fighting for pole again."



No comments: