30 May 2008

Italian GP, Mugello - Friday


Interesting to note that in his Friday quotes from the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello, Alvaro is swift to apologise for not speaking to the press after Le Mans; to be honest though, who could blame him - he must have been gutted. Anyway - a very sweet gesture to acknowledge this...

Álvaro Bautista: 5th - 2.07.876 (16 laps):
"First of all I want to apologise to the media and acknowledge that I was wrong not to speak with them after the Grand Prix in France. I was disappointed but that's no excuse. Here we've come to work as hard as ever - this morning it was going well and in the afternoon the feeling was good in the wet too. Towards the end of the session I opened the throttle too far and crashed by riding with too much confidence. Luckily I escaped without any serious injury and hopefully I get the chance to improve in dry conditions tomorrow because it looks like it will be a dry race."


No comments: