18 September 2007

"Alvaro Bautista Campeón" - the BatiFans.com video



I've finally got round to finishing "Alvaro Bautista Campeón" - our BatiFans.com video.
It's a 4:30 clipshow basically - a fast and funky edit to music that I've written and produced especially, using outtakes from old works by my band Smallcreep, reworked in Apple's fabulous Garageband app. My mate Rob (the Robster) Jenkinson does the guitar, I'm doing the big gloopy bass parts on the Chapman Stick, and the rest of it is smaples, loops and breakbeats all mashed up to fit with the main riff.

The video itself is largely derived from clips I found on a Spanish DVD I bought from eBay; a 50 minute documentary about Alvaro - and I've tried to use a really good mix of on and off-track footage. It was knocked up in Final Cut Express - and as it was my first time working with FC it's worth thanking Neil and Luke in particular for some incredibly useful tips and tricks.

As ever, Youtube has done a bit of a "scrunching" job on the footage, with some nasty bits of compression and totally wrecking the first few seconds.
Definitely go to www.alvarobautista.co.uk or www.batifans.com for the full high res quality version - and enjoy the full resolution 26Mb download; well worth it.
Nonetheless - please do give the Youtube one a few stars and a comment if you can, and do pass it on to other fans :)


No comments: